O.K. – now all the basic info about the run itself…here’s the original blog…
Many Cancers…One Run…It’s Gilda’s Run 2015!
Sunday, October 4th, it’s Gilda’s Run – a 5k run or 2 mile walk to support Gilda’s Club in their mission to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Think of it as the fastest Packer Pregame Party on the planet! The Packers play at 3:25…giving you plenty of time to run or walk, and have a little fun at the post-run party at Gilda’s Club! Both the run and walk start at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse on Deming Way in Middleton, and wind through the beautiful paths of the Pheasant Branch Conservancy, ending at Gilda’s Club. It’s at Gilda’s Club where you’ll celebrate with tasty burgers from Ruth’s Chris and delicious sundaes from Culvers, as well as live music and awards…there’s even rumors of a few special guest stopping by to mingle with the runners & walkers!
Why Gilda’s Club?
- Because cancer effects the whole family, Gilda’s Club is designed for the WHOLE family – not just the person living with cancer. Gilda’s Club offers something for everyone: men, women, children and teens – you won’t find this anywhere else in our region.
- Gilda’s Club is there for anyone facing ANY kind of cancer, at ANY stage…and the people who love them.
- All programs at Gilda’s Club are offered FREE of cost.
- Gilda’s Club gives people a place to learn how to live with cancer. More than just support groups, Gilda’s Club offers an entire support COMMUNITY, providing a place to connect, learn and socialize.
- Gilda’s Club is easy to join. Anyone living with cancer, or any family member or friend can attend a New Member Meeting to explore how Gilda’s Club provides support. Membership is FREE.
- Dollars raised here, stay here, in our community, where they directly support families facing cancer today.
Each year, nearly 31,000 people are diagnosed with cancer in Wisconsin. Cancer affects not only the people living with the disease, but a whole circle of family and friends around those people. Gilda’s Club Madison offers a unique place with opportunities for everyone affected by cancer. Gilda’s Club Madison is a special community where living with cancer is the common denominator. The goal of Gilda’s Club is to ensure that social and emotional support is available to everyone, because no one should have to face cancer alone.
To learn more about Gilda’s Run, visit www.gildasclubmadison.org or call 608-828-8880